The museum bears the name of its donors, Moshe and Tova Bar David. It is devoted to Jewish art and Judaica, combining the new and the old. This against the splendid backdrop of the enchanting landscapes of the Galilee on the northern border of Israel turns a visit to the museum into an extraordinary experience.
The Museum comprises three levels and a Sculpture Garden:
Level one: Changing art exhibitions from the permanent collection; Permanent exhibition of Judaic ritual objects from every Jewish community e.g. Hanukka lights, Passover Haggadot, Purim scrolls, among other things a one hundred year old Moroccan Torah scroll and an exact copy of the lintel from a synagogue of the Village of Baram with a Hebrew inscription from Mishnah times
Level two: Spacious hall for changing exhibitions by contemporary artists of art, sculpture and photography and a room for archeological finds from the region e.g. clay pottery, glassware, jewelry and figurines. Lower Youth Education and Studio Level
Permanent Exhibition of sculptures by Igael Tumarkin and works by other artists.
1. Instruction is offered in Hebrew, English, French and Spanish.
2. A spacious elevator is available to all levels; and there is easy access for the disabled.
3. The museum is air-conditioned in summer and heated in winter. Its capacity is 100 people.
4. Groups are 20 minimum - 100 maximum in number.
5. A guided tour of the museum and sculpture garden takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
6. Kosher refreshments of coffee / tea and pastry can be ordered in advance for an additional
10 NIS per person.
Sunday- Thursday: 10:00-16:00
For more details, contact:
Meital Kilemnik: Marketing and Guidance Manager: + 972-52-4845791
Tel: + 972-4-6988295
Fax: + 972-4-6987505
Facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/bardavid.museum